This guide will show you about how you can set up Linux Mint 18.3 in dual-boot with a variant Microsoft OPERATING-SYSTEM, such as Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, on machines with EFI firmware and a pre-installed version of Microsoft OS. Let’s assume that your desktop or laptop system comes pre-installed with Home windows 10 or Windows 8.1 or 8 you should enter UEFI menu and disable the next settings: Secure Boot and Fast Boot features.
If the computer has no pre-installed OS and you intend to use Linux and Windows in dual-boot, first install Microsoft Windows and then proceed with Linux Mint 18 installation. In case you possess a UEFI computer stay away from the 32-bit version of Linux Mint since it is only going to boot and use BIOS machines, while the 64-bit ISO image can boot with BIOS or UEFI computers.
2. Right click on the C: partition and select Shrink Volume to resize the partition. 3. Utilize a value best-suited for you, depending on your HDD size, on the amount of space to reduce MB field (minimum 20000 MB recommended) and strike Shrink button to start the process of resizing the partition. 4. When the procedure finishes a new unallocated space shall appear on the hard drive. Close Disk Management utility, place Linux Mint DVD, or USB bootable image in the appropriate drive and reboot the computer to be able to begin with Linux Mint 18 installation.
- Now it’ll ask if you would like the connection or cable connections TCPIO UDPIO. I would recommand TCPIO
- 0 Trackbacks
- 7- DINING AREA Set- Craigslist
- Use your Browser for connecting to the CA Web enrollments pages to demand a certificate
- How to choose a Cheap and best hosting Plan?1. GoDaddy
In case you’re booting Linux Mint for installation from a USB dive in UEFI setting make sure you’ve created the bootable USB stick using a power such as Rufus, which is UEFI compatible, usually your bootable USB drive learned boot. 5. After reboot, press the special function key and instruct the device firmware (UEFI) to boot-up from the correct DVD or USB drive (the special function keys tend to be F12, F10, or F2 with respect to the motherboard manufacturer).
Once, the press boots-up a new screen should show up on your monitor. Choose Start Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon and strike Enter to keep. 6. Wait before system tons into RAM in order to perform in live-mode and open up the installer by dual clicking on Install Linux Mint icon. Choose the language you intend to perform the click and set up on the Continue button to continue further. 7. On another display screen hit further on the Continue button to continue. Third-party software can be automatically downloaded and installed with this step by checking the check-box.
The recommendation is always to leave the box unchecked for the moment and manually install proprietary software later, following the installation process completes. 8. At the next screen the Installation can be chosen by you Type. If Windows Boot manager is automatically detected you can choose to Install Linux Mint alongside Windows Boot Manager. This option ensures that the HDD will be partitioned by the installer with no data loss automatically.