Permits & Licenses 1

The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration administers many tax and fee programs. Depending on your kind of business, you may be necessary to keep a number of allows, accounts, or licenses. How do you register for a permit, license, or account? The CDTFA has a secure, convenient, fast, and free way to register online for a permit, license, or account. The machine leads you through the process and will assist you with the types of permits you might need for your business.

New Permit Holders – There are many things you need to know throughout your first year in business. To review, please see our Guide for New Permit and Permit Holders. Sub-locations – Businesses that have a seller’s permit, license, or a merchant account and are expanding their operations to a fresh area may need to put in a new location to their account.

Temporary Seller’s Permits – If you intend to make sales in a single location for 3 months or less, you must sign-up your business activity by applying for a temporary seller’s permit. For more information, please see Temporary Sellers. How do I renew my license? Certain special tax and fee programs require a license that needs to be renewed each year.

  • Boundary value evaluation
  • Mezzanine Financing
  • Will it make banking institutions less profitable
  • Dun & Bradstreet
  • 17 CT proposals in combine to be state’s pick out for Amazon site
  • Issues and risk factors that can derail or endure the task plan

Use our online sign up system to renew your permit for Cigarette and Tobacco Products, International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and/or request additional decals. What are some common permits, licenses, or accounts I would need? Cannabis Tax Permit: If you are a distributor of cannabis and cannabis products, cannabis must be obtained by you tax permit.

You must obtain this permit in addition to your seller’s permit. Cigarette and Tobacco Products: If you sell smokes and tobacco products at retail, you must have a California Cigarette and Tobacco Products Retailer’s License before purchasing or offering cigarettes or cigarette products. You must obtain this permit in addition to your seller’s permit. Covered Electronic Waste Recycling Fee (eWaste): You’ll want a eWaste accounts if you sell or rent covered electronic devices (CEDs) such as computer displays, laptops, or portable DVD players with LCD displays. You must obtain this account in addition to your seller’s permit. International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA). You must have an IFTA permit if you are an interstate electric motor carrier reporting gasoline taxes.

An IFTA permit allows a taxpayer to document one tax record that addresses all member jurisdictions. Business lead Acid Battery Fees: You need to register as a battery dealer and pay the California electric battery charge if you sell alternative lead-acid batteries at retail in California. Dealers may also be liable for the manufacturer battery fee. You must separately register as a manufacturer and pay the manufacturer battery fee if you are a manufacturer of lead-acid-batteries and sell, offer on the market, or distribute the lead-acid batteries in California.

If the manufacturer is not subject to the jurisdiction of this state, a dealer or other one who imports the lead-acid electric battery into California for sale or distribution is responsible to register and pay the manufacturer battery charge. Lumber Products Assessment: Beginning January 1, 2013, a fresh law requires a one percent (1%) evaluations on purchases of lumber products and engineered solid wood products for use in California, based on the value of the products.

Tire Fee: If you sell new tires, lease/rent automobiles, construction equipment, plantation equipment, and motorized equipment with new tires you must have a tire-charge account. You need to obtain this account in addition to your seller’s permit. Underground Storage Tank: If you own an underground storage space tank, you must sign-up with the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. You will be required to file underground storage tank charge returns and pay any fee amounts due for the reporting period. There are also a number of other tax and fee programs administered by the CDTFA. See our complete set of Special Tax and Charge Programs Please. How do I verify a permit, license, or account?

Our verification webpage will help you verify a seller’s permit, cigarette, and cigarette product retailer’s permit, and eWaste account. My business information or address has changed. What do I do? Seller’s permit or prepaid MTS members should complete the Notice of Business Change form (CDTFA-345) and follow the instructions. Special fees and fees department account holders should fill out the Notice of Business Change form (CDTFA-345-SP) and follow the instructions. How do you a permit close, license, or accounts?